Virtual Deaconess Conference
First Virtual Conference
Saturday, August 28, 2021
10:00 am – 1:00 PM
High Praises, High Places and High Heels
“Sisters Worthy of the Call”
1 Thessalonians 2:11-12
General Missionary Baptist Convention of Georgia, Inc.
Deaconesses, Deacons' Wives, & Deacons' Widows Conference
Greetings My Sisters,
We continue to celebrate the tremendous success of our 13th Annual Deaconess Conference, held in Thomson, GA, in August 2019. The 10th District spared no expense in rolling out the "Red Carpet." Rev. Frederick Favors and the Springfield Baptist Church family were gracious and hospitable. Dr. Patricia Cummings and her committee are to be commended.
Kindly mark your calendar for our FIRST VIRTUAL DEACONESS CONFERENCE. Due to the pandemic, several changes have been made in our format to keep us safe from the spread of the virus.
• The date of our FIRST VIRTUAL DEACONESS CONFERENCE is AUGUST 28, 2021, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
• Classes will be held on Saturday (see gmbcofgeorgia.org for schedule and course descriptions). Registration is $35.00 per person and is now open.
• There will not be a Queen Contest this year; however, each District is asked to contribute at least $150.00 or more toward the conference. The District with the most registrants will receive a plaque at the 2022 conference.
• All conference attendees will receive their honorable recognition: Certificate of Completion, 5 year or 10 year pin at the 2022 conference.
• Conference Attire: Presentable for Zoom.
• You can register and pay online, or you may mail your registration form along with your check/money order to GMBC - P. 0. Box 92340 - Atlanta, GA 30314. Make checks/money orders payable to GMBC. The deadline is August 13, 2021. Please make copies of this letter and registration form to share. There will be no refunds.
• Being virtual, GMBC is not responsible for registrants' technology or internet issues.
• Please do not take photos of class participants on Zoom.
• GMBC reserves the right to publish Zoom photos taken by their photographer in their publications and website.
May God continue to bless you as we move forward in His name.
We look forward to seeing you at our FIRST VIRTUAL DEACONESS CONFERENCE.
In His Service,
Sis. Gwendolyn Jones West, Deaconess Coordinator
Sis. Gwendolyn Tucker, Assistant Coordinator
Schedule of Activities
Classes-10:15 A.M. -11:15 A.M.
''Roles and Responsibilities" Dr. Albertine Marshall
(First year students-mandatory, others may attend)
Course Description: This course will assist students in distinguishing between the terms, "Deaconess" and "Deacons' Wives". Additionally, the course will focus on the attitudes and the serving role of the Deaconess/Deacon Wife.
"Safe Sanctuary" Deaconess Cynthia Hillery-Jackson
Course Description: Safe Sanctuary is church safety training for leaders and youth workers in the local church. This training covers operating procedures and processes to assist the church in the protection of children, youth and vulnerable adults who are in our care. It also protects false allegations of all workers, paid or volunteers who work with children and vulnerable adults in the church.
11:30 AM - 1:00 PM Closing Program
Video Memorial Presentation
Sermon - Rev. Frederick Favors, Pastor
Springfield Baptist Church
Host Pastor & Church-Deaconess Conference 2019
|Event Date||08-28-2021 10:00 am|
|Cut off date||08-13-2021 11:55 pm|