Pastoral Vacancy Announcement
Job Title: Full-Time Pastor
Job Goal: To provide the primary leadership, teaching, and direction of Greater Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church in all areas of ministry in order to fulfill the will of God and the vision of Greater Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Principle Function: The Pastor is responsible for proclaiming of the gospel of Jesus Christ, using skills in administrative leadership, engaging in pastoral care ministries to meet the needs of persons in the church and in the community, and acting as the chief administrator of the ministerial and vocational staff.
Other Key Responsibilities:
• Set the guideline of personal behavior as required in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Luke 4:16-21, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
• Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
• Maintain a regular program of study to plan and implement meaningful worship services and Bible study.
• Serve as the leader in seeking to win the unsaved and un-enlisted; lead the membership in soul-winning training.
• Plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for Christians.
• Work with the board of deacons, board of directors, other church officers and committees in performing assigned responsibilities. Be available for and lead in training as needed.
• Serve as chairman of the Church Leadership Team (Auxiliary Relations) in planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and evaluating the total church program.
• Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
• Act as moderator for church business meeting, if the bylaws require it.
• Supervise other members of the church staff according to staff organizational chart.
• Cooperate with and lead the church in participating with national, state, and denominational leaders. Keep the church informed of developments within the denomination.
• Visit members and prospects and lead the membership in visitation program.
• Conduct premarital, vocational, family, bereavement, counseling sessions, etc. as needed.
• Provide other professional help when necessary.
• Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
• Serve as a representative of the church in civic matters.
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum of a BNBS Degree and Master of Divinity or Theology from an accredited college or university (such as those governed by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and some experience as a Pastor. Candidate must have a successful proven record of leadership and community engagement.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and/or expertise.
Please submit all correspondence via US mail to:
Greater Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church
ATTN: Deacon Timothy Peek
P.O. Box 312035
Atlanta, GA 31131-2085
or via e-mail to:
A Complete Application Packet must include:
1. A resume and cover letter, with three references,
2. A copy of ordination certificate and any other relevant transcripts, licenses, or certifications, and
3. An online link to a recent sermon video or may provide a DVD in packet.
Application Packet is due by August 21, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET. Materials mailed to our office should be postmarked by this date.
No phone calls please. Candidates selected for further consideration will be notified and may be asked to provide additional information later in the selection process. Final candidates will be required to consent to reference checks and a full background check including criminal and financial history.
Additional information about GEMBC is available at GreaterEliz:abeth.org
All submitted information will be handled confidentially.