Subject: Pastoral Vacancy Announcement
Application Acceptance Period: July 2, 2018 through August 16, 2018
Pastoral Candidate Packets Must Be Postmarked by: August 16, 2018
Green Grove Missionary Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking a pastor who is called by God and equipped to effectively preach and teach the Word of God. The candidate must possess the biblical and spiritual qualities as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. The candidate must be a licensed, ordained Baptist minister qualified to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the Bible, to provide Christian leadership in all areas of the church and engage in pastoral care for the congregation. The candidate must also be able to articulate a vision for the church that emphasizes the spiritual growth, Christian education and development.
All interested ministers who wish to be considered must meet these minimum requirements:
• Must be a licensed and ordained Baptist minister duly ordained in accordance with the Christian Faith; and meets the biblical qualification of a Pastor, as stated in I Timothy 3:1-7; and Titus 1:5-9
•Must have a clear understanding of the Baptist Doctrine and Articles of Faith as well as being an effective communicator with the ability to teach sound doctrine and to preach effectively from the Holy Bible
• Must have effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be an effective leader with proven managerial and administrative skills
• Must be proficient in the use of modern technology to enhance education and outreach
• Must be committed to further Biblical training
• Must be committed to and able to articulate and implement a vision for the church that emphasizes spiritual growth, Membership Development, Christian service and ongoing Christian Education development
• Must be willing to attend, support and encourage the membership to attend Associations, Conventions, Congress and the State and National Convention for Biblical education that will enhance the church’s existing ministries as well as establishing new ministries
• Must demonstrate a record of community and mission outreach
• Must demonstrate an intergenerational approach to spiritual and congregational growth
• Must be able to work with youth as well as promote and develop youth programs
• Must be able to provide spiritual base counseling in the areas of bereavement, marital, and other various individual needs of the congregation.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PASTOR (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
• Shall lead the membership and church staff to perform their tasks and lead the Pastoral ministries.
• Shall work with the Deacon Ministry and staff to (a) lead this church in the achievement of its mission, (b) proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers, and (c) care for this church members and others in the community.
• Shall be an ex-officio member of all ministries, committees and other organizations connected with this church and have the right to advise and be advised of all matters pertaining to the welfare of this church. As an ex-officio member, the Pastor will be consulted on all issues in discussion related to Pastoral responsibilities. As an ex-officio member, the Pastor may participate in the committee discussions but cannot make formal motions or vote on the matters being considered.
• The Pastor shall perform the duties inherent in the office of Pastor. It shall be the Pastor’s duty to preach at the services of public worship, to be in charge of serving communions, conducting midweek services and visiting the sick. The Pastor’s duties and responsibilities shall include officiating the ordination of ministerial candidates, deacons, officiating funeral services, wedding ceremonies and baptism
If you meet the above minimum requirements, to apply, please submit a complete candidate packet consisting of the following:
1 Cover letter
1. Ministerial Resume
2. Secular Career Resume
3. Details regarding a ministry that they initiated within the church or community. Details should include the type of ministry, the impact of the ministry and who was affected, and state if the ministry is still active.
4. Completed, signed personal information form that’s included
5. Valid copy of ministerial license and ordination certificate
6. Summit completed packet to Green Grove MBC by registered/certified mail only.
NOTE: The below Additional Information will be requested if selected as a possible candidate:
1. Verification of all training and/or degrees listed in above resumes
2. CD and/or DVD of a sermon delivered within the past year
3. Background check and credit report
4. Additional references as requested
Submission: Submit the Candidate Packets by certified/registered mail to: Green Grove Missionary Baptist Church Pastoral Search Committee P.O. Box 345 Dublin, Ga. 31040
(Receipt of your submission will be acknowledged in writing)
Candidate Packets postmarked after August 16, 2018 and/or that do not contain the requested information will not be considered. Candidates selected for further consideration will be notified and asked to provide additional information later in the selection process. Those candidates must consent to a criminal background check, updated physical, drug screening test, and credit and a financial history review (performed through outside agency to ensure complete confidentiality), to advance through the process.
All information presented will be treated as CONFIDENTIAL. ***No Phone Calls Please
*** Travel Expenses will not be reimburse
For Paper Applications Visit Claire's U-Neek Boutique - 118 S Jefferson Street Dublin Ga 31021